Welcome

"If you love what you do, is it really work?" Here is where I plan to... well I don't know what I plan to do. I know it will have to do with my passion of theater and acting, but what goes up the world may never know.



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Man

So tomorrow I open in A Raisin in the Sun as Mr. Karl Lidner, the white man. And I think it has been a really interesting project to work on. When you hear that someone is the white man in a "civil rights play" images that come to mind are sights of anger and shouting and even something very threatening. But if you have ever read this script then you know that their are two major ways to play this role. The first is the one that everyone imediatly thinks of but this requiers a lot of sarcasm, which I think s just a bit too much and not exactly right. I take it to the other extream. When I read the script this man is very uncomfortable. He is scared he is surrounded by people who will not be very happy with him. So he is very nervous. I just think tht it is interesting that this "white man" is not the that bigot that we all think of. To me he doesn't even read like that. When he enters he seriously has their best interest at heart, just that is not what they want to hear. It has just been really interesting to think about who this man is, in this situation and even back in his own neighborhood. Oh the things we think about as actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment